Knead the Stress Down - Tailor Made at Lush Spa

Above the Liverpool Lush store, which is the largest Lush currently in the UK, is a tranquil space tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world, which consists mainly of a green grocers, and the tourists wondering up and down Matthew Street.
In the heart of the city centre, and a short distance to Liverpool One, resides a room which I would love to visit again and again whenever the opportunity arises, where every corner is filled with quaint curios, where it smells heart warming and calming, where even the toilets are pretty, it is of course Liverpool's Lush Spa.
I was recently invited by Melissa from Lush to partake of one of the treatments, and after months of hard work and running around of course I gratefully accepted, they are also such a lovely bunch that when I mentioned I would be bringing Edd to do photographs they even extended the offer to him too!


Behind an unassuming door lies to path to tranquility, tucked away next to the entrance of the store is the door to the spa area, built above the shelves full of gift boxes (birthday soon, yes please!), shower gels, soap wheels, and ice trays holding face masks, while shoppers gleefully fill their baskets you can unwind in scented rooms that seem a world apart, except for the same delicious products and scents!


As soon as we walked through the door we were in a pale calming green hallway, with fresh flowers and old fashioned apothecary jars filled with massage bars and bath melts.
At the top of the stairs was a large open plan room with plates on the walls, a lounge area filled with 1960's reclaimed couch set, shelves filled with vintage books, and a kitchen area of my dreams with a double farm house sink.
What I would do for a double farmhouse sink....


We took a seat at the large wooden table with our Lush Spa Therapists, who served us cucumber water and talked to us about the treatments they provided, and would be providing us with that day.
They were both really nice and friendly, talking to us in a more sociable manner than you would usually expect in a Spa, and making sure we felt comfortable while knowing what we had in store.
We each filled out forms too, to ensure they used the products that wouldn't cause reactions, but I was also pleased to see there was a box to select for vegans, Lush being a very vegan friendly brand who clearly labels their products, they have even extended this into their Spa treatments!


Before we started our treatments we were given the choice of which massage bars we would prefer, which you can keep after your massage, and shown the products that would be used throughout.
We had much amusement with the ice cold green jelly gel!
We were then asked to place the bath bombs into our individual jugs, filled with hot water, and taken through to our double treatment room to get ready.
The jugs of bath bomb watery goodness was poured into two bowls filled with dry ice, giving the room ambiance and releasing the scent of Big Blue while giving us reason to go "ooooh!!!" very loudly, and they left us to enjoy whilst getting prepared.


We got ready and placed ourselves under the towels, before ringing the bell provided to start the treatment.
As part of the treatment music is played throughout, but as the massage has a nautical theme due to the massage being likened to releasing the tension as the pulling and tugging of ropes on a boat, meaning the music wasn't what you would usually expect, comprising of sea shanteys and bird calls!
I would describe the music as Pirates of the Caribbean meets Glee, starring The Pogues, and with occasional special guest cameos from Beck.


I felt like my massage therapist had somehow hidden extra hands from me when I had seen her earlier, and I could feel the tension being worked out of my back and shoulders.
With the Tailor Made you can choose which areas you feel you would need the work the most, but as we are always carrying heavy bags and running around, both of us opted for back massages.
Part of the treatment involved paying special attention to knots in your muscles, and I was quite surprised at how many there were in my back, sometimes twitching at points but relaxing even more once each point was "released" and my aches started to disappear completely.


I didn't want it to end, my back felt almost normal, having had a bad back as long as I can remember and the half hour flew by sooner than I hoped.
The music ended, and I heard a soft voice telling me to relax for a while, I with somewhat of a start turned my head with what felt to me, and must have looked to them, the daftest bleary eyed relaxed look I'm sure my face has ever given before I settled back into the headrest.
Me and edd looked at each other with sleepy relaxed eyes and sighed simultaneously, we were both in heaven with newly rejuvenated backs.


We eventually remembered that we should move and got ready to join them for tea back at the table. 
I had mine with a few droplets of Rum, and we were offered a jar full of shortbreads too.
We talked some more but we had all the current movements of sloths, and were busy floating on clouds for a while but managed to talk about wedding plans, this blog, and of course as it is Liverpool, mutual friends!
They had set up some of the other rooms for us to photograph while we were recovering and it just made me want loads more extra treatments there, every single one sounds amazing.


I think next time I need to try The Comforter, a chocolate and rose filled warm cuddle of delights, just the room was enough to sell me onto it, that and it has a bubble machine as part of the treatment. 
Bubbles, actual bubbles, rose scented bubbles!
One please!


I'm not sure which treatment involved this huge bathtub, all I know is that I want it!
This room had the giant bathtub on one side, and a massage table on the other, and one day I will get something done, I don't even know what but I have to.
My friend Gill who had also been having back pains was coincidentally booked in right after us for the same treatment, which we found out only a few days before so I got to see her briefly before she went in for her session. 
I texted her later on that day to see how she found it and she declared it will now be a monthly treat as she felt so amazing afterwards, I agreed and I'm sure they will be sick of the sight of us after a while!


After the photo's were finished I was presented with a goodie bag full of items staying on the nautical theme, and with a few new items mixed in too to try out, I felt so spoilt and it was so very kind of them to treat us so very well, I shall be reviewing these items too so you can see exactly what was in there!
The sailors hat is of course my own, once I learned it was nautical I just had to!


We had a little look around the store afterwards too, while I pointed at all the items I love for Edd to take note (as I said, birthday soon!) and I profusely thanked Melissa for inviting us as we really had such a lovely day.
There is currently only six Lush Spa's around the country, but I hope they start spreading soon into every town and city, we would all be a lot more happier and relaxed if so!
In the meantime it gives me reason to go to Liverpool more often for Spa days with the girls...!


Next time you are shopping in Lush that has a Spa area be sure to book yourself in for a treatment, you can also buy gift vouchers for presents, or even packages to make an extra special occasion of it.
It's now helped me to decide what to do for my hen do, and I'm pretty sure all of us hens shall be clucking away about these treatments for weeks afterwards.

Thank you to all those at Lush Spa Liverpool, we shall definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...